Ray Allen gw with the Heat, all angles
Jason Kidd tips it in for the Heat! Wrong team kid
Wade - Muthafucka!
Lebron - Ah shit!
Play of the Game!
Lebron James’ Flagrant Flop on Tyson Chandler
Lebron BLATANT travel not called by the refs.
If you’re a frequenter of ESPN’s website, you know that during the playoffs, many of their experts make predictions on who will win each series. I took some time to count up who was the most accurate in their predictions. I looked at who chose the winner of each series (for example, Dallas over Miami in the finals), and also who got the most series in the exact # of games (for example, Dallas over Miami in 6 games).
25 ‘experts’ made at least one prediction this year. Out of 15 possible picks to be made, 14 of the 25 experts made 6 or less picks. The other 11 made at least 13 of the 15 picks, so those guys will be the ones listed here, sorted by % of correct winners chosen.
1. - Adande - 80% (12/15 picks). His wrong predictions were Atl/Orl, Dal/LAL, and Sas/Mem… which every single expert got wrong. Chose 3 series in the exact number of games.
2. - Broussard - 73.3% (11/15). He chose Miami to win it all, which was his additional wrong selection. He did however choose 4 series in the exact number of games, which was a high from the experts.
3. - Arnovitz - 69.2% (9/13). He missed out on picking 2 series, and besides that, he (like Broussard) chose Miami over Dallas. Chose 2 series perfectly.
4. - Stein - 66.7% (10/15). Went for Denver and Boston when they failed, chose 3 series perfectly.
4. - Hollinger - 66.7% (10/15). Bet against the champs every time except vs OKC. Chose 3 series perfectly.
6. - Abbot - 66.7% (10/15). Placed below Stein and Hollinger because he only had one perfect series, compared to 3 by the previous two.
7. - Thorpe - 64.3% (9/14). Figured Dallas would lose in the 2nd round, then WCF, then Finals. Chose 3 series perfectly.
8. - Sheridan - 60% (9/15). Unlike some others, he chose against Dallas in the first 3 rounds, then picked them over Miami in the Finals. But, he was one of two experts to not get a single series in the exact number of games.
9. - Wilbon - 57.1% (8/14). Chose against Dallas vs Portland and in the Finals, and also wanted his hometown Bulls vs Miami. 2 series chosen perfectly.
10. - Ford - 53.3% (8/15). Tied for the worst record by any expert, but he did choose 3 series in the exact number of games.
11. - Legler - 53.3% (8/15). The worst expert predictions, by the numbers. 7 wrong guesses (4 more wrong guesses than the best), and not a single series chosen in the exact number of games. Did not choose Dallas in a single series.
Best from the rest:
- Barry - 83.3% (5/6). He only made picks in 6 series, but he got 5 of them right. To add to that, 3 out of his 5 correct picks were in the exact number of games.
Worst of the bunch:
- Ramsay - 0% (0/2). He only made 2 picks… picking against Dallas vs OKC and vs Miami. Sorry Dr. Jack.
Enjoy this useless info.